Friday, February 04, 2005

HEEH, unusual day! ^^

NH: Alice in Chains – Down in a Hole

Hi all, how have you been? I hope you’re well! :)

My headache is killing me. I went to bed super early last night, according to my patterns, and I already had a headache then. I couldn’t sleep well because of that and woke up with the same headache. Okay, I didn’t have any pills for that, but in case you don’t know me that well, I hate taking medicine just because of a headache. I hardly take medicine anyway, I avoid it till the last minute, and I guess this is it right now :/. I’ll have lunch soon, so if it doesn’t get better after it, I’ll have some pills. Or just go home :D

Ohhh, this is Friday, last day of work before the greatest Brazilian party: Carnival! It starts today and ends next Wednesday. I believe it’s our biggest holiday and although there are a few people who don’t appreciate the whole party (just like myself), it’s always awesome to have some days off to rest, travel or just be lazy at home (which is probably me again! :P).

Brazilian carnival is fun though, I can’t deny it. The music, samba, is great and catchy, and makes you dance even if you don’t like it. Everybody seems happy, drunk and careless, which can be a problem. The quantity of accidents and deaths by drunken people are superb. Men get all cheeky, drunk and think girls are all bitches. That’s mainly why during this holiday I’m always at home and having a cold Smirnoff Ice! This way I don’t have to come across stupid people. ^^

Watching carnival on TV is something else than being part of the fun. It’s great to see what the samba ‘schools’ are up to throughout the year. Those guys work hard for the entire year just for this holiday. They make the music, lyrics, the allegoric cars, the scenario objects and all clothing and costumes. It’s so beautiful to see it all being tested live on the avenue. And for the guys there’s an extra: naked women! They’re everywhere during this holiday, even in the streets, if you know where to look for! :P

I’m not the kind of person who watches every samba school on the parade. I do like to sneak pick at it and know the results of who won as ‘best school’ on Wednesday! Yes, there’s a judgment crew and they decide who the best at many areas was. It’s fun, really! :) And it must be even cooler to be part of the parade, as many of my friends have already told me. I’d like to be part of the drumming area, but then I’d have to train it the whole year and I’m too lazy for that! But I’ll have to be on the parade someday, that’s a must! Not as a naked girl, though! :P


Backi from lunch and I must say it’s great to break the routine. Today we had lunch at a diner near work and I had a very delicious cheese burger with mayo. After that I dropped by the bakery just to buy my daily chocolate and I even bought a different one to what I’m used to. Because of all those changes the day has turned into something completely different to what it usually is. Cool hey? Routine sucks!!! ;)

Hehehe, then we got back to the office and the girls have checked our payment and started to cry, jokingly. We started to bellyache about it and decided we’ll sell our bodies (hey guys, I might go naked to the parade after all! Of course, only if there’s money involved :P ). So one of the girls who must pay the restoration of her car told us she doesn’t mind the small payment this month, since she’ll make an architectonic model to help pay that restoration. One minute after she told us that she got a mail saying: ‘Dear Rita, unfortunately it’s an architectonic model for a poor district, and we’re not paying anything. Thanks for the understanding and hope we can still count on you.’ We sympathized with her pain, but there was no one on earth that could make us stop laughing so much! :P. As we say here ‘we’re not well paid, but we have fun, alright!!!’

And now I just found out I might be going out tonight. Hihi, there’s a Bon Jovi cover band playing at the pub, Angela and Andre will go and I should meet them there. Main problem is we’re supposed to be there at midnight only. Can you believe that? A show that starts at 24:00!!! :O Well, I’ll go IF the headache lets me! :/ yeah, I’ve got pills to sooth it, but no effect! And I don’t even want to think of the traffic jam I’ll be into on my way back home! It’ll take me ages to reach home and I must meet my boss in the middle of the way to hand in her photo camera. Aye, I’m screwed up! :P

Oki, now I’m sleepy due to the pills I took for the headache! See? There’s no point in taking remedy! You fix one thing and twist another! :/ Hm, anyway. backi to work now. Just a few more hours and I’m officially in holiday! ^^

I’m done for today. See ya people and have a nice weekend! :-*

‘Down in a hole, losin' my soul

Down in a hole, losin' control
I'd like to fly
But my wings have been so denied’

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hallo! you fix one thing and twist another, that's the truth... breaking the routine is good as far as it is possible, eh?
when you told me those things about traffic jams and lots of people talking, this "screamy-paradise" made me trip through the klaxoning symphony of a big town, and I miss juiz de fora so much, juiz de fora at 6:00pm, sitting on a bench of são mateus or alto dos passos waiting for a bus and hoping it doesn't come... and it makes me soooo happy... sure those things will come back soon, that's a more relaxing thing...
see, ana, we talked twice and I am sure that we'll be good friends, it's good to know people like you, I liked you so much! I'm counting on you to take me to the famous mercado municipal hehe...
so, here I lay. I'll link you tomorrow, it's too late and you are already bookmarked here...

:^********* good to know ya!

joão.

2:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home