Wednesday, February 02, 2005

2 in 1 - I'll post the pics when it ALLOWS ME TO!

NH: (Tuesday!!!) Kansas – Carry on my wayward son

Headache! That’s what’s on my mind right now :P. Maybe I should go backi to the doctor? But I’ve been taking my medicine correctly :/. I wonder if it has something to do with that stupid cyst. What cyst? Euh, I have a cyst in my brain (Nooo, calm down! It’s useless and totally lazy – just like me – so it won’t ever develop into something harmful. At least that’s what I wish! :/ But according to the doc – fine, I should listen to a 2nd opinion – it’s nothing serious, just a fluid bubble. Hehehe, maybe it’s from so much chewing gum :D). Hmm, anyway, the current headache has probably nothing to do with it. Ah, alright, I’ll blame it on work again! :D.

‘Carry on my wayward son

There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more’

-------------------------------------------------------------

NH (Wednesday!!!): Mark Knopfler – What it is

Ahhh, what a Nice day. How are you people feeling? Everything alright? Things are fine here, all peaceful. Alright! I feel waaaay much better today ^^. We can never underestimate the power of a good chocolate and German class; boy, I was talkative :O.

21°C, February, almost carnival and it’s 9:50am and I’ve already worked a lot. I’m not bellyaching today; I’m having a really calm day, although there’s a lot of work to be done. It’s amazing how work is flowing today, I’m truly impressed.

Hmm, okay there’s probably a reason for it: I’ve been to one of those wonderful rituals last night. I’ve got a call in the afternoon and since I was in a kind of depressive mood, I’ve decided to go and try to relax a bit. A bit? Pff, I’m mega relaxed :P.

It was a celebration for Brighid, the Celtic goddess of fire, intuition and inspiration. The great mother, so to speak; the one who provides the milk. I’ve got there early, so I was able to give them a hand and prepare the stuff. We bought food (not as great as cooking, but still nice), prepared the fire, the chairs around the fire and the rain was there too! :P The ‘for-the-rain’ girl here had to seat under the rain, so it was perfect; just as if the sky was feeding me with its milk. The blessings started and we’ve lit candles and asked for peace. We’ve thanked for all of the food and for that special moment.

It’s a great feeling to be with a bunch of people who think just like you do, wherever you are and whatever you’re talking about. There’s a word that express this feeling in druidism (‘egregora’ - in Portuguese) and it puts us in synchronicity with each other and makes feelings bigger. The moment is usually very strong, inspiring and powerful. It’s exactly like being in church and praying while everyone else is doing the same. This awakes and raises ‘awen’, which is inspiration at its purest and deepest state, and suddenly we’re intoning powerful words in unison.

It’s usually the best part of the ritual, because that’s when you realize you’re only one little thingy to change the world, but if you take part in the whole the result is not the same. Along with others it becomes more powerful, but one more to help is always better and it does lift ‘awen’. Superb feeling to know you’re part of the whole and to know the whole only happens if you’re there! Just to give an example, maybe that’s why heavy metal gigs are just so wonderful ( /me remembers of all the head banging at Nightwish’s gig during ‘Slaying the Dreamer’).

That’s all for today. Stay well, dear people!

PS: ohhh, nice ‘coincidence’: ‘Ana’ starts with ‘A’ – ‘A’ comes from “Alpha’ in Greek – ‘Alpha’ wolf is the one that leads the pack – ‘Ana’ has a wolf inside – Ana’s wolf is an Alpha ^^
PS2: a couple of minutes before the ritual I was talking to my teacher about relationships and suddenly I dropped ‘ No, my bf is ‘invisible’, he lives in the ‘other world’ :P’ and he wonderfully replied: ‘Yet! ;)’.

Ah well, in the words of Mr. Knopfler:

‘The garrison sleeps in the citadel
With the ghosts and the ancient stones
High up on the parapet
A Scottish piper stands alone
And high on the wind
The highland drums begin to roll
And something from the past just comes
And stares into my soul’

*SIGH*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home